Monday 16 April 2007

The City of Light... Paris!

Before I came here many people told me that Paris was the best city they ever been (including my girlfriend), so thas why I decided to stay 4 days instead of 2 in order to get to know as much as I can.
The first day we went to take a walk around Paris and we visit the Eiffel Tower, the Arc the Triomphe, the cathedral Notre Dame and the Champs-Elysées.
The second day we went only to the Chateau de Versailles and to the gardens of that place, maybe you can remember this palace by the film "The Man in the Iron Mask", this was were the film took place.
By the third day we went to the Louvre museum to see many paintings and sculptures, including the "Mona Lisa" by Leonardo Da Vinci and the Venus di Milo statue, and after that we went to the Basilica of the Sacré Coeur.
The last day, we went to the Place de la Concorde, were is the Egyptian obelisk, Paris's oldest monument, and after that we went to see the tumb of Napoleon, but at they were closed and I didn't make it.
I mean, 4 days and I did not have the chance to cover all! Paris is really something in tourism, and is also very beautiful, I do not regreat spending 4 days in this city, I would spend an entire week in there!
Anyway, this was my last trip in Europe, because this weekend I have to go back to my country, to my MEXICO. In one part i'm very excitied of returning, but in the other hand I really want to stay and discover more and more things. I hope that I can have the chance to came back to Europe in the next few years in order to study a master, and then visit the cities that I left: Amsterdam, Normandy, Berlin, Prague, Brujas and other cities and coutries from the east Europe.
But, I least I can say that I have improved my English (at least, I think so) and I have travel around Europe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best thing you've written, very good and accurate use of English. I'll just pick out a few of the mistakes in particular...

Before I came here many people told me that Paris was the best city they had ever been to(including my girlfriend), so that's why I decided to stay 4 days instead of 2 in order to get to know as much as I can.

Use the past perfect here to show one event (people visitng paris) happened before another (them telling you about it.)

visited the Eiffel tower

Check that verbs in a sentence are in the same tense!

remember this place from the film
On the third day
I'm excited about returning

prepositions!

I have travelled around Europe

Present perfect

Amir Hossein Nikzad said...

"...and after that we went to see the tumb of Napoleon, but at they were closed and I didn't make it."
jajajaja
................
this is your last week my freind oh it's so sad
but i'm happy because we have good memory of each other and we had nice time here
anyway... Have the best things in your life anywhere you are.
With best wishes
Amir

Amir Hossein Nikzad said...

and you are not here...



don't forget me my freind