Sunday 8 April 2007

Edinburgh: the Athens of the North

Edinburgh, it really is the Athens of the North of Europe, mainly because it has a place called Calton Hill were is a few structures very similar to the Athenian Acropolis, and is very beautiful, which it has an excellent view of the city and to the sea.
It also has a castle named The Castle of Edinburgh (very creative, uh!), but it's very interesting because for many years, English and Scotish people had fought for the control of this castle, in the time of kings and "dragons", it means a long long time ago, but now is only a museum.
Near to this amazing city is the international Loch Ness, mostly known by the monster that has appered several times in the past... the name of this monster is Nessie, and it has a lot of histories and legends.
What really impressed me, is the number of sheeps that are in this country, I mean, it really really have a lot of them!!!, every part that I turn, there's at least 20 sheeps (well, maybe not that much jajaja).
Another place very interesting is the Arthur's Seat, that is not really a seat were you can sit, it's a hill, a very big hill, were you can see all the city, it's very beautiful.
Well, in resume, Scotland was a country that I really want to knew since the movie "Braveheart", starring Mel Gibson, but not only for the story, also for the places, the green areas (and I mean, really BIG GREEN AREAS), and for the castles.
I hope that in the future I have another opportunity to come back and see much more.

4 comments:

Amir Hossein Nikzad said...

It was mucg intresting for me because i want to continue my studies there...
good luck luis

Anonymous said...

Edinburgh is a lovely city. Just one thing though Luis...

1 sheep
2 sheep

The word sheeps does not exist! If you are impressed by the amount of sheep in Scotland you should visit Wales. There are more sheep than there are people!

I have one question for you? How much would you like me to correct your English if I comment on your blog? Your options are:

1. "Don't correct it! I only want to practice writing!"
2. "Correct it when it's an important error."
3. "Correct as much as you can."

Tim

Luis García S. said...

Hi Tim, my answer for your question is number 3:

"CORRECT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN"

And I put it in capital!!!

I made this blog in order to improve my writting, and it would be MUCH BETTER if you correct all the mistakes that I make, that´s how i´m gonna learn.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.